Warrenton Community Library - A Place for YOU!
Warrenton Community Library is managed by the City of Warrenton and established its roots in the former Hammond Town Hall Building in the 1990s, moving to the current location at 160 S. Main Avenue in downtown Warrenton in April of 2017. Warrenton Community Library offers the latest, best selling fiction and nonfiction books, classics, DVDs, Audiobooks, Large Print, research databases, ebooks and four public access computers. We also offer programs and events such as storytimes, summer reading, and ESL classes.
Watch for new, upcoming adult programming in 2020!
Serving the Warrenton Area through traditional and innovative services,
Warrenton Community Library enhances the quality of life for patrons through
literacy and life-long learning while connecting people to their community and world.
A democratic and informed society must have free, equal, and open access to information.
We empower citizens to improve their lives, their governments and their communities.
LIBRARY CARDS @
WARRENTON COMMUNITY LIBRARY
Warrenton Community Library primarily serves citizens of the Warrenton area.
We also issue temporary cards for visitors and cards for eligible members of the ROCC program.
With your Warrenton Community Library Card you can place a hold on books at Astoria Public Library or Seaside Public Library and pick up your item at the Warrenton Community Library. Resident cards are free to all persons living within the district and temporary cards are available to visitors for a fee.
- All residents of the city of Warrenton may apply for a free library card by coming into the library! Please bring a picture ID and proof of your address (i.e. piece of mail).
- A parent or legal guardian must sign for minors, but children of all ages are welcome to get a card.
- Individuals under the age of 20, who reside in areas of Clatsop County not served by a public library, may apply for a free library card through the Reading Outreach in Clatsop County (ROCC) program.
- Sign your child up for a ROCC card by going to your nearest public library!
- If you live outside the city limits of Warrenton, you are also welcome to sign up for a card.
- Membership fees for out-of-town patrons are $5 for one month, or $10 for one year.
Library Policy links
- Patron Responsibilites and Conduct
- Confidentiality Policy
- WCL Collection Development Policy
- Internet Access and Use Policy
- Book Donation Policy
- Warrenton-Hammond School District
- Astoria Public Library
- Seaside Public Library
- Clatsop Community College Dora Badolet Library
- Clatsop Community Action
- Browse Jobs Listed with Worksource Oregon
- Historic Oregon Newspapers
- Clatsop County Historical Society
- GCFLearnFree: Free in-depth tutorials in technology, Microsoft Office, reading, math, career, and more
- MedlinePlus: Up-to-date health information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in language you can understand available anytime, anywhere, for free. Produced by the National Institutes of Health's National Library of Medicine, the world’s largest medical library.
- Chronicling America: Digital historical American newspapers from 1789-1963 and the U.S. Newspaper Directory which contains information on American newspapers published from 1690 to the present.